The QuickBooks error 6143 mainly occurs when there is damage to the company file data. The error prevents the user from accessing the company file and performing related tasks. There can be a few possible reasons why this QB error code occurs. The error can also occur while running the Verify and Rebuild data utility in QuickBooks. If you are encountering the QuickBooks error code 6143, you can follow the steps provided in this article to resolve the error reliably.
You can call us at 1-855-856-0042 to get assistance from our technical team if you are unable to perform the steps or resolve the error on your own.
Triggers for the QuickBooks Error Message 6143
The QuickBooks Desktop error 6143 can occur due to the following factors –
- Corrupted entries in the Windows system files can lead to the error code 6143.
- Your QuickBooks Desktop installation is either faulty or incomplete.
- Your bank is trying to reconnect with QuickBooks when there is a new credit card.
- The Windows system files are damaged, or the files are having issues.
Recommended to read: QuickBooks Condense Data Error
Solutions to Eliminate the QuickBooks Error Code 6143
The QuickBooks company file error 6143 can be resolved with the help of the following solutions –
Solution 1 – Utilize the QuickBooks Tool Utility to Run the File Doctor
You can use the QuickBooks File Doctor tool to fix common company file and network issues and resolve the error code 6143 in QuickBooks.
- Download the exefile and save it at an accessible location to utilize the utility.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install the downloaded file and double-click on it to open the tool hub.
- From the QuickBooks Tool Hub, go to the Company File Issuestab and select the QuickBooks File Doctor
- Browse your company file and select the Check your File and Networkoption to run a quick repair.
- Once the tool stops running, rerun QB and see if the QB Desktop error 6143 is addressed.
Solution 2 – Make Sure that the Company File Name is as per the QuickBooks Requirements
You need to make sure that the company file name follows the application requirement by performing the following steps –
- Exit QuickBooks on your server computer and each workstation, followed by opening the application again.
- From the QuickBooks Installation Folder, locate the company file and right-click on it to select Rename.
- Remove any spaces and special characters, like @,#, etc., from the company file name and hit Enter to save the modified file name.
Solution 3 – Copy the QB Company File to a Removable Storage Drive
Open the QuickBooks folder and copy the file to a removable storage device by plugging in the USB drive. Paste the company file into the system and reopen QuickBooks to open the company file from the local storage of your computer.
The QuickBooks error 6143 can be resolved with the help of the solutions provided above. If the error still exists, you can reach out to us at 1-855-856-0042 to get professional assistance from our expert team.