Canon ij printer is a complete solution for multiple tasks and users can easily set up a canon ij printer from ij.start.canon and get a better experience. In order to print using a Canon printer you need to download, install and run the Canon IJ Setup from the official portal – ij.start.canon. Follow the procedure to setup ij start canon and make your printing experience more better.
Canon printer wireless setup on Mac via ij.start.cannon (Wirelessly)
All the users are required to follow the below instructions to set up their Canon printer on their Mac device. In this section, we have provided the complete steps for Canon printer setup via ij.start.canon. All you have to do is, follow the below methods:-
- First of all, open the internet browser on your Mac device.
- Now, go to its URL bar and enter http ij start canon. Press Enter.
- The above link redirects you to the official website of Canon.
- Here, you should select the language from the drop-down menu and choose the “Set Up” button.
- After this, you should enter your printer model number in the search bar and click on the “Go” button.
- Now, you will be redirected to the official product-specific page of your printer.
- Here, you need to click on the drop-down menu given at the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Here, you need to choose the “macOS” option.
- After this, click on the “Download” option to download the Canon Printer Drivers on your Mac.
- Now, the Canon Printer Setup file will start downloading on your system. Wait until the download completes.
Install Canon printer drivers:
After downloading the file, you need to install it by following the below steps to complete the ij.start.cannon setup:-
- First of all, visit the “downloads” section on your device and navigate the drivers’ file that you have just downloaded via ij.start.cannon.
- After this, you need to double-click on the file to open it.
- Now, select the “Wireless LAN Connection” option to perform the Canon Printer Setup wirelessly.
- Furthermore, press and hold the Wi-Fi button located on your printer until the alarm LED flashes twice.
- Next, you have to press the “Arrow button” given on your Canon printer display.
- Now, got the “Menu” option on your printer and tap on the “Device Settings.”
- Here, you need to select the “LAN Settings” option and go to the “LAN Setup.”
- Click on the “OK” button. Now, your printer will show all the available router networks on the system.
- Hence, you should select the name of the network that you want to connect to your printer.
- After selecting the network, click on the “OK” button and enter the Wi-Fi password in the required field.
- Now, you have successfully connected your printer with your Mac device, and you can proceed further with the ij.start.cannon setup.
- After this, you need to visit the Mac device and open the “Apple” menu.
- Then, you should select the “System Preferences” option and click on the “Printers and Scanners.”
- Furthermore, click on the “+” sign to add the printer to your Mac device.
- Now, a pop-up window will open on the screen. Here, you need to click on the “Add” button. It will connect your printer with MAC.
A few seconds later, your printer will be added to your device.
Hence, you have completed the Canon Printer Setup via ij.start.cannon.
How to connect Canon Printer Wireless to Windows Computer
- Once you are over with the initial setup, you must be ready to install the ij start.canon printer to your computer as per your preferred mode of connection.
- You can either use the disc attached with the printer for driver software installation or download it from the official Canon website.
- Visit the ij.start.canon website and enter the printer model in the search bar. The site will bring up the available drivers.
- Download and run the driver software. Select the preferred mode of connection.
- If you prefer the wireless connection, access the printer control panel to go settings and select the wireless option to choose and connect to your home network.
- If it is a first-time setup, the drivers will automatically recognize the printer, which does not require the user to change the control panel settings.
Canon Printer Troubleshooting
It is common to face some technical glitches with technical devices. The same is the case with the printers. However, Canon printers are easy to troubleshoot. Here are a few of the easy troubleshooting tips that you can follow if you face any issues with your printer or during the ij.start.cannon process:-
- The printer might lose the connection or go offline because of the power and network failure.
- You can restart the printer to troubleshoot or resolve the offline issues.
- You must make sure that your printer is always connected to the power outlet and proper internet to perform the setup via ij.start.cannon. However, you don’t have to power strip to receive the required amount of the power supply.
- If you face any paper jam issues, you should turn the printer upside down and access the printer rollers. Furthermore, you should also check between the rollers to find or remove any pieces of paper stuck in the printer.
- If the printer is causing lines in the paper, you should clean the printer head and remove or re-insert the cartridges.
In this blog, we provided the complete Canon printer setup procedure via http ij start canon. Here, we added the detailed process to set up the printer on a Mac device. Along with this, we also included some easy and effective troubleshooting tips to ensure that you have a smooth printing experience.