Does choosing proper safety bollards for your parking lot annoy you? Well, you’ve come to the right place to know all in all bollard choices you can make to benefit yourself and society. Continue reading!
What is a bollard?
A bollard is a short post you find primarily on a sidewalk, parking lot, street, or other similar surfaces. It is a protective barrier to parking cars for the safety of pedestrians. Different types of bollards available in the market serve various purposes.
However, there are six varieties of bollards that are worth buying-
- Fixed/ embedded bollards
- Automatic/ retractable bollards
- Decorative bollards
- Lighted bollards
- Manual bollards
- Removable bollards
What is a parking lot bollard?
It acts as a safety barrier between a parking area and a pedestrian area. Also, it helps secure a parking slot. There are plenty of options for choosing a parking bollard, but ensure it stands the test of time and seasons.
Is it necessary to use a parking lot bollard?
Do you know? If you have a parking lot bollard, it helps you have a secured car park and area.
Here are some advantages if you have one-
- Easy to grab attention:Visibility is the main factor in getting your bollard’s attention. It will intensify if you install lighted bollards with a different cover that allows pedestrians to be aware of their surroundings and avoids collision if a vehicle suddenly crashes into your facility. Above all, you can reduce burglaries to a great extent.
- Effective control:Some bollards, like the retractable bollards, give you control over pedestrian and vehicle traffic. You need to raise and lower them if required.
- Safer perimeter:You get complete protection of your area, and it gives pedestrians an awareness to keep away and avoid entry.
- 24/7 protection:Bollards impact pedestrians and vehicles moving at night to avoid entering unsafe areas. Thanks to the lighted bollards, which act as a guide to make them reach their destination safely and avoid unexpected crashes.
How to choose a safety bollard for a parking lot?
Before choosing a bollard, install them at a distance of 3 to 5 feet. Then, you can select two bollards for each parking space.
But here are some things you need to consider before purchasing a parking bollard-
- Check the type of bollard your parking lot needs. For instance, whether you require physical protection from senior citizens or children or visibility protection from vehicles and pedestrians.
- Look at the various online options and compare the materials you want for your safety barrier.
- Also, check the functionality of the bollard in your locale.
- Find out whether you need a Mobile or Collapsible Parking Bollard, Semi-Mobile Bollard, Heavy-Duty Bollard, or a Crash Rating Bollard that withstands sudden vehicle impacts.
- Alongside check out for bollards that don’t put down the appearance.
So, keep these guidelines in mind while choosing safety bollards to have increased visitor safety, site protection, safe traffic, and pedestrian activities.!