Whenever QB users upgrade their QuickBooks Desktop to a new version, they are confronted with an error that has a description like ‘QuickBooks Desktop Needs to Update Your Company File’ each time they attempt to open the company file.
This error just means that your company file is of an older version, and it needs to be upgraded so that you can work on it while utilizing your upgraded QuickBooks Desktop.
This blogcontains the detailed step-wise process for upgrading the company file to a new version for your perusal.
If you want technical help for resolving the ‘QuickBooks Desktop Needs to Update Your Company File’ error, simply dial 1-855-856-0042 to contact our QB Professionals Team.
Relevant Steps to Eradicate the Update QB Desktop Company File Error
The Update QB Desktop Company File Error can be easily eliminated by using the steps described below:
Step 1: Easily log into Windows with admin privileges and then download the new release of the QB software
- Firstly, you must log into the Windows on your computer using the correct admin user credentials, and after that, you must jump to the ‘Download & Updates’ page available on the Intuit website to get the newest release of the QB Desktop.
- Once you launch the ‘QuickBooks.exe’ file, you can follow the step-wise method shown on the screen in order to successfully install the QB Desktop on your computer, and thereafter, you must also complete the activation of the QuickBooks software.
Recommended to read: QuickBooks keeps crashing
Step 2: Correctly execute the Rebuild Data Tool for each company file that you want to upgrade
- Immediately launch the company file that you want to upgrade by using the previous version of the QB Desktop, and then you have to bring up the ‘Product Information Window’ by pressing the ‘F2’ key on your keyboard.
- By moving to the ‘File Information’ section in the ‘Product Information Window’, you can notice the exact location of your company file on the system, and thereafter, you can execute the Rebuild Data tool for every company file that you desire to upgrade.
Step 3: Launch the company file in the new version of the QB Desktop to swiftly upgrade it
- Before launching the new version of the QB Desktop, you must make sure that all the users have logged out of the company file that you intend to upgrade.
- After that, you can open up the updated version of the QB Desktop to strike on the ‘Open or Restore Company’ tab located under the ‘File’ menu, and then you must tap the ‘Open a company file’ option.
- Just hit the ‘Next’ button in order to reach the ‘Browse’ tab, and after that, you can utilize the ‘Browse’ tab to get your desired company file from its original location on the system.
- Once you have hit the ‘Open’ option, you will be required to utilize your admin credentials to log into the company file with admin rights, and then the QB software will start creating a backup of the company file that you are going to upgrade.
- By hitting the ‘Update Now’ button, you can commence the upgrading process of your company file, and when it is completed, you can strike the ‘Done’ button, and after that, you can proceed to access the company file in the updated version of the QB Desktop.
If you correctly follow the steps explained above, you can easily get rid of the ‘QuickBooks Desktop Needs to Update Your Company File’ error. For further technical support, you can reach out to our QB Experts Team by dialling 1-855-856-0042.
Read more: QuickBooks Error 6143