What comes to mind, actually your taste buds’ memories, when I say the word ‘chaat’?
A sour, sweet, tangy, spicy, all tastes mixed up in a bowl. It’s like a whole season in a bowl full of surprises. It hits you in the right places and makes you experience each flavour within a bite.
Well, I guess you get what we will talk about today. But before I reveal a bomb recipe you can make with the ingredients from your online namkeen store, let’s go back a little and see where this tangy affair began.
Do you know about the royal origin of chaat?
Though the exact origin is not known, there are famous stories that float around the origin of chaat. One such folklore dates back to the time of Shahjahan. Back in the 16th century, when there used to be no such thing as chaat, there came folklore about how and why chaat came into being.
It was the time when cholera was a widespread disease. It was one of the main concerns back then to control it. It was difficult to find pathological methods to kill the bacteria in the gut. So someone came up with the idea of creating a mixed recipe full of ingredients with all collective flavours and several spices. This was done to kill the bacteria inside the gut to prevent them from spreading. And that is how Delhi tasted chaat, known as chatpati back then at time.
This recipe is a variant of chaat using Khakhra, Ratlami Sev, and Barik Sev. You need not wait long to get these ingredients. These are the ingredients you can easily find in any online namkeen store. Compared to back in time when the recipe of chaat was floating within people through words and recommendations, it is now easy to find the ingredients on any online namkeen store.
Be sure to check the quality of the ingredients you purchase.
For the recipe you need-
- Khakhra can also be whole wheat if you are health conscious.
- Any sev you like, we recommend trying out ratlami sev and barik sev.
- Diced vegetables like onion, tomato, finely chopped coriander, and sliced potatoes
- Chutneys- tamarind and coriander
- Salt, chaat masala, and pepper according to your taste and tolerance.
That is all we need to make this new chaat variant.
- Keep the khakhra on the serving plate.
- Mix the chopped and diced vegetables in the bowl.
- Put the vegetable mixture on the khakhra and palace well.
- Spread the mixture.
- Put a lot of sev of your choice to add crunch to the recipe.
- Add salt, pepper, and chaat masala to the mix to give a taste to the vegetables.
- Add chutneys on top to get the right taste you want.
And tada! You have your khakhra sev chaat recipe ready to eat. You can enjoy your homemade street food at your own convenience.
If you want to try out this recipe, we recommend getting the ingredients from an online namkeen store with a good rating.
Don’t worry, we have a recommendation for you to check the best online namkeen store just with a click. Type ‘Indore online’ on google, and you will get all the street food ingredients you need to satisfy your random cravings without going anywhere. Indore online delivers fast and rich ingredients so you can eat away without giving it a thought. Try out the recipe and www.indore.online and tell us if you had a blast eating chaat in a new way.