By doing Kukkutasana yoga, there is agility in the body. This yoga is quite an asana, its regular practice will bring many benefits to your body.
Poultry means rooster. In this asana, your body looks like the shape of a chicken. Because of this, this posture has been given the name of Kukkutasana. This asana can be beneficial in maintaining the balance of the body. Along with this, it is also considered very beneficial in controlling muscle mass and obesity. Flexibility in the legs is needed to do this yoga. It strengthens your shoulder. And if you have become lazy during the Corona period, then this asana is best for you. Laziness runs away by doing this asana. Continuous practice and physical strength are needed to perform this asana. Let us know how to do Kukkutasana?
If you want to learn different types of yoga asana then you should join a Yoga School in Rishikesh.
This asana is necessary before Kukkutasana:
- Lotus pose
- Bakasana Yoga
- Tadasana Yoga
- Ujjayi Pranayama
- Headstand yoga
How to do Kukkutasana:
- To do Kukkutasana, first sit in Padmasana posture.
- Now move your right hand between the right thigh and shin. Similarly, move the left hand between the left thigh and the shin.
- Move your hands down.
- Place the palms of your hands firmly on the ground.
- Keep in mind that there should be a gap of 3 to 4 inches between your palms.
- Now while inhaling put pressure on your palms and try to lift the body from the ground as much as possible in the air. During this, the weight of your body should be on the palms of both hands.
- And during this, your head should be straight and your eyes should be stable.
- Now breathe in and out slowly.
- Stay in this posture for about 15 to 20 seconds.
- After this, take a deep breath and return to your posture.
- And do this asana at least 5-6 times. Gradually you can increase the number of exercises you do.
Benefits of Kukkutasana:
Regular practice of Kukkutasana yoga strengthens the shoulders and arms. Through this asana, the muscles of your chest, arms, and shoulders get stretched, which makes blood circulation better in your body. Due to better blood circulation in the body, the muscles get stronger as well as the body comes in tone. Practicing regularly reduces the risk of injury.
Increase digestion power
You can practice Kukkutasana daily to keep digestion healthy. Regular practice of this asana reduces the complaints of stomach-related problems like constipation, gas, and nausea. Actually, doing this yoga, there is pressure on our abdominal organs, due to which the production of digestive juices and enzymes in the stomach increases, due to which the food in your stomach gets digested quickly.
Reduce belly fat
Kukkutasana can also be very beneficial in reducing belly fat. And if you have become very fat in lockdown, then you can reduce your fat by doing this asana. Actually, by doing Kukkutasana, there is pressure on the abdominal muscles, due to which the abdominal muscles become toned. Along with this, the extra body fat decreases.
Joining a yoga course is a great way to expand your knowledge of yoga and meditation techniques, on Yogtravel you can find a number of yoga courses that you can choose according to your budget and time.
Tone the biceps and triceps muscles
If you want to bring your biceps and triceps in tone even in lockdown, then definitely do this asana. Through this asana, your arms are stressed, which promotes blood circulation. By doing this asana, there is better blood flow in the body, which tones the body.